Monday, June 8, 2009

The Journey Continues

We arrived in Orléans last night after a 5 hour train ride. We had breakfast in the hotel - Alea delighted in a5 kilo jar of Nutella! I so wish that I could figure out how to translate pictures from either my phone or the camera - I have a picture of a very happy Alea with her croissant and giant jar of Nutella!!!

As we journeyed to Orléans, I had an opportunity to journal and reflect on my experience in Toulouse. As I experience each of these sacred sites, I am not always sure of exactly what I am experiencing. And then I get a chance to reflect and journal, and it becomes clear. Quite a journey of trust and faith.

(By the way, the keyboard keys are different here: the¨"a" key is a "q"; the "m" and the ";" are transposed plus a few others, so there mqy be a few typos...sorry)

The lessons from Toulouse have been wonderful...and on one hand, very unexpected, and on the other, totally appropriate and the feeling of "of course."

What I experienced and have come to understand is that I both get to and have to "own" and accept my deep desires, whatever they are. Sometimes they are easy and okay to accept; sometimes they do not fit into place or category that I find acceptable. No matter...my task is to accept and embrace them, for they are my guideposts for my Soul's unique and divine journey.

On the Camino, we were guided by yellow arrows. They were painted on the streets, on the old stone homes we passed, on the pavements and sidewalks, and as we got closer to Santiago, they were on more modern signpost. These yellow arrows guided and directed me. I followed the Camino, the way, and found my way to Santiago because I was willing to trust, accept and follow these arrows. In the same way, my deeply held desires - from my gut, my belly, my core - are my yellow arrows.

I must trust them;, embrace them to find and follow my way along my path of life. These desires are the cues and inner impulses that connect me to my heart and to my Soul's desires. And, when I follow my Soul's desires, I am aligned with God's desires and plan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment